If you suffer from vertigo or motion sensitivity, experience difficulty with balance, are fearful of falling or have a history of falling, have trouble fixing your gaze on objects, have previously suffered head trauma/concussions, or if you experience a general sense of disorientation or instability, then this vestibular webinar is for you. The webinar will provide a clear understanding of the vestibular system itself, review a typical vestibular evaluation, discuss various treatments and ways in which vestibular rehabilitation can help, and give viewers a better understanding of one of the most common vestibular disorders known as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, or BPPV.
The vestibular system is an essential system in our bodies that is responsible for our sense of equilibrium, our spatial orientation, and our ability to interpret changes in motion. When this system is affected, it can affect our quality of lives and have direct negative implications on our balance, vision, our ability to sense motion and adapt to those changes.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Prevalence and Demographics
- Overview of the Vestibular System
- Clinical Evaluation: What to expect on your first visit
- Vestibular Treatments and Exercises
- Differential Diagnoses: What are the different types of vestibular dysfunctions and how do we differentiate them?
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)