Are you always suffering from migraines? If so, you probably have found yourself looking for a new remedy to find relief. Having a migraine is incapacitating; it is true. You can’t keep on doing the things you usually do, and of course, you can’t live happily. However, did you realize that needle therapy can help you make the migraines stop?
At Physio Logic, we use acupuncture to treat migraines by discovering the root of your pain and without using meds.
It is well known that acupuncture alone reduced the frequency of tension headaches by 50% and lowered the overall pain levels experienced during headaches/migraines. Let us explain how.
We could say that a migraine is an intense throbbing pain felt in just one side of the head, and it is almost always accompanied by sensitivity to light or sound and nauseous, and it can last for hours or even days. It varies from person to person.
Many people also feel what experts call “Aura,” which is like a previous warning sign that the migraine is about to hit. It is a blur of light in vision or blind spots in the sightline. Sometimes auras happened during and after the migraine.
At Physio Logic, we treat migraines caused by:
- Eye Strain
- Cold Temperatures
- Cold/Flu Symptoms
- Bad Posture
It doesn’t mean that the previous are all the triggers. These are just the most common; in any case, fortunately, they can be avoided, and educate our patients on how to do this to help them feel better sooner. It is essential to understand that risk factors can be the cause too. We could say that family history, age, gender, or even hormonal changes are a risk factor to take into consideration.
Western Medication as Migraine’s Treatment
When you suffer migraines, the first answer is to take medicine either prescribed or find it over the counter, which are only temporary solutions to a more complicated issue. Besides, all medications have side effects that you don’t want to deal with.
The conventional western clinical treatment, for the most part, falls into two classifications:
- Pain-Relieving Medications: These medications are taken during headaches to treat the side effects and repress the problematic assault.
- Preventative Medications: These medications are handled consistently every day to lessen the recurrence or seriousness of headaches.
Doctors prescribe medications as needed, considering pain level, how disabling your migraines may become, and how frequent.
Side Effects of Medications
When taking medicines for an extended period, you are exposed to adverse side effects like weight pain, fatigue, insomnia, and digestive issues, to name a few. The medicines can help you relieve pain for a certain amount of time, but it will not help you heal from the inside to live a life free of pain in the long term.
This is why if migraines are frequently present in your life, you should think of a more convenient, natural root healing-oriented therapy to deal with chronic pain, reset your mindset and understand that medications are not the only answer.
Acupuncture and Migraines
When severe migraines take part in your daily routine, the first and best option is to discover what is causing it, going to the root of the problem. In Physio Logic, we consider the first step because if we help you balance your body, mind, and soul, you will be ready to live your best life and say hi to health again.
Acupuncture is used in combination with Chinese herb traditional medicine and healthy lifestyle changes, which will allow you to overcome your discomfort.
How acupuncture can be of benefit
Acupuncture comes from ancient China, and with time, science has proved its efficiency. What is best is that it is natural, drug-free, and effective with chronic pain. It can also be of benefit with:
- Boosting the immune system.
- Improving blood flow.
- Reducing inflammation.
- Releasing powerful endorphins to fight off pain.
Physio Logic offers you custom healing programs: no surgeries, no medications, all-natural relief!
Available Treatment Plans
When we get to the primary driver of your ongoing headaches, we put that customized mending program under a magnifying glass. It might incorporate any blend of needle therapy, practical medication, Chinese spices, and way life changes.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) aims to treat the ‘whole’ person. It includes Acupuncture, Cupping Therapy, Gua Sha, Tui Na Medical Massage, and External Herbal Application.
- Acupuncture: is acknowledged by the National Institute of Health for different ailments, including neuromusculoskeletal issues, inside medication, and emotional wellness conditions. Needle therapy works by embedding thin, sanitized needles into the body at explicit focuses along the body’s meridians, or channels, to adjust the sensory system and increment flow, making it more straightforward for the body to recuperate itself without the utilization of medicine.
- Cupping Therapy is an old Chinese treatment where warmed cups are applied to the skin, making a vacuum seal invigorate the bloodstream, loosen up tight muscles, eliminate stagnation, and advance mending.
- Gua Sha is a delicate tissue control utilized in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It includes using an apparatus to increase stagnation, elevating blood course to diminish torment, pressure, and recuperating the body. Gua Sha works by utilizing a Chinese soup spoon device to apply pressure in long strokes on the skin. Enough weight is used to make a red, wounded appearance, as the stale blood underneath the skin is raised to the surface. Gua Sha works superbly on more significant muscle gatherings. Most patients feel help during the treatment and guarantee to have longer-enduring advantages than with a normal profound tissue knead.
- Tui Na (articulated: twee-Nah) is a type of Chinese clinical back rub that consolidates body developments and delicate tissue control for improved flow and realigns musculoskeletal structures. Tui Na is thought to help invigorate fundamental energy progression (called “chi”) all through the body. As indicated by TCM standards, medical issues happen when the advancement of “chi” (vital energy) is impeded in the body anytime along a meridian. Tui Na is regularly utilized related to Acupuncture, Cupping Therapy, and External Herb Application.
Pains and discomforts that can be healed
Acupuncture has the main goal: treat the whole person to balance your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. While receiving acupuncture treatment, you will find relaxation, a better mood, better sleeping habits, relieving tension, an improved sense of well-being, and improved symptoms. Some pains and discomfort that acupuncture will help you heal are:
- Muscle and Joint Pain
- Orthopedic & Sports Injuries
- Neuromusculoskeletal Problems
- Mental Health Conditions
- Poor Circulation
- Menstrual Cramps
- GI Disorders
- Smoking & Other Addictions
Start living life naturally pain-free.
Dr. Ece Algur is a licensed acupuncturist and Oriental Medicine practitioner in New York State and California. She has practiced as an acupuncturist in New York since 2015, and she is our trusted acupuncturist here at Physio Logic.
If you’re interested in how acupuncture treatment and Chinese medicine can benefit you or clarify doubts about Traditional Chinese Medicine, please contact us, and gladly help you. Just call or fill out the form below.