Selank, Nasal Spray
Selank is another ACTH/MSH-like peptide of the melanocortin class most closely related to the analog tufstin. While traditionally prescribed for anxiety and depression, it has been known to be effective in many other treatments related to immune modulation, anticoagulation, PTSD, ADHD, and metabolic syndromes.
Selank has pronounced anxiolytic activity and acts as a stable neuropsychotropic, antidepressant, and anti-stress drug that relieves aggression and fear reaction in different animal species. Selank also has a nootropic action, which positively influences the formation of memory and learning processes, and marked immunomodulatory activity.
Clinical studies have shown that the effect of selank is similar to that of tranquilizers at low doses, but is not accompanied by the unwanted side effects of benzodiazepine tranquilizers such as amnesia, withdrawal, or dependence. Experiments have also demonstrated the effectiveness of Selank in preventing the accumulation of body fat (i.e., weight gain) with simultaneous activation of the functional state of the anticoagulation system in the development of the metabolic syndrome.
Furthermore, decreased blood glucose levels have been observed with chronic treatment of this peptide. The peptide Selank, like the drug Semax, induces anticoagulant and hyperglycemia effects possibly due to the presence of the same amino acid sequence, Pro-Gly-Pro, in its structure. Thus, Selank can be used as a broad-spectrum therapeutic agent for the treatment of the metabolic syndrome. Often prescribed for Anxiolytic, Immune improvement, gastric protection, as a preventative weight gain/metabolic syndrome, and with opioid and alcohol withdrawal/ dependence.
Unleashing the Power of Molecular Healing
- Mechanism of action: Selank primarily works by regulating neurotransmitter levels in the brain, including serotonin, dopamine, and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). These neurotransmitters play a crucial role in mood regulation, anxiety, and other cognitive processes.
- Neuroprotective properties: Selank has been shown to possess neuroprotective properties, meaning it can protect brain cells from oxidative stress and other harmful factors. This may be beneficial in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases and in promoting overall brain health.
- Applications in neurological disorders: In addition to anxiety and depression, Selank has shown promising results in the treatment of neurological disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and Alzheimer’s disease. These findings suggest that Selank could have broad therapeutic potential in the field of neurology.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Selank has been observed to have anti-inflammatory effects, which may be beneficial in managing chronic inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease. Reducing inflammation can also have a positive impact on overall health and well-being.
- Support in injury recovery: Peptide therapy with Selank has also been used in the sports field to aid in injury recovery. Selank is believed to promote tissue healing, reduce inflammation, and improve blood circulation in the affected area, thus accelerating the recovery process.
It is important to note that peptide therapy, including the use of Selank, should be administered under the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare professional. Each person is unique and may require specific dosages and protocols based on their individual needs. If you are considering peptide therapy with Selank or other peptides, we recommend seeking personalized professional advice to obtain the best guidance and optimize the results.
P-1114 – Rapid and Slow Response During Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Peptide Anxiolytic Selank
Results: 40% of patients were rapid responders (RR) and characterized by abrupt reduction of whole set of symptoms in first 1-3 Days. At the Day 3 Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale (HARS) mean total score [SD] reduced from 20.3[11.9] to 7.0[2.9] (p< 0.01). 60% of patients responded gradually(conventional responders – CR). Clinically significant changes of mean HARS total score from 16.1[7.2] to 6.2[4.7] were achieved at Day 14, p< 0.01. In contrast to CR, RR demonstrated obvious EEG-reaction after single dose (900 μg) with increase of beta-rhythm, decrease of theta- and low frequencies of alpha-rhythm (all p< 0.05). Initially, RR and CR significantly differed by the score of asthenic and cognitive symptoms (p< 0.05).
If you want further information about what Selank, Nasal Spray is or about Peptide Therapy, a member of our Functional Medicine team can help you out by providing you with information about it. Just fill out the form below.
At Physiologic, we pride ourselves on not only treating the symptoms but also identifying the root causes of your issues.