A woman’s body experiences a lot of changes during her pregnancy in order to aid in the development of the baby. These changes can result in various aches and pains throughout the body.
Furthermore, giving birth isn’t called “labor” for nothing! Research shows that labor is an intense and extremely taxing experience that can result in physical trauma equivalent to any major sports injury. Therefore, it is extremely important to know how to best manage the changes that are happening while pregnant and prepare your body for delivery and recovery.
In this webinar we’ll discuss:
- What prenatal care is and the role pelvic floor physical therapists play during pregnancy
- Common physical changes and consequential ailments expected during pregnancy
- How to self-manage common musculoskeletal complaints seen during pregnancy
- How to prevent common musculoskeletal complaints seen during pregnancy
- How to safely exercise while pregnant and what exercises are best to perform to help prepare you for delivery and recovery