Chiropractor, Dr. Stephen Szaro, DC, explains the benefits of Graston Technique, and why this form of treatment is so effective.
Graston Technique (GT) is a non-invasive, soft tissue technique that uses specially designed stainless steel instruments to help the clinician identify and treat areas of the body exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or adhesions.
Areas of fibrosis or adhesions can be found in the muscles and connective tissues with almost any injury ranging from neck pain to ankle sprains.
Graston Technique allows our chiropractors at Physio Logic to get as deep into the tissue as necessary to invoke change, yet be sensitive to patient’s pain and tolerance. As the instruments are moved over the affected area and come in contact with the adhesions, they help break up scar tissue and fascial restrictions.
In time, this process will reduce or eliminate the adhered fibers, restoring range of motion and eliminating the associated pain. It will help transform your soft tissue injury into healthy functioning tissue.
Graston Technique is clinically proven to achieve results with conditions such as but not limited to:
- Achilles Tendinosis/itis
- Ankle sprains
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cervical Sprain/Strain (Neck Pain)
- Lumbar Sprain/Strain (Back Pain)
- Lateral Epicondylosis/itis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylosis/itis (Golfer’s Elbow)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (Knee Pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot Pain)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinosis/itis (Shoulder Pain)
- Post-surgical scar tissue
- Shin Splints
- Trigger Finger
- Women’s Health (Post-Mastectomy and Caesarean Scarring)
Want to see if Graston Technique is right for your injury or condition? Schedule your appointment today. Give us a call or you can start by filling out the form below.